Contemporary Malibu Estate 26901 Sea Vista Drive, Malibu, CA
Magnificent four story contemporary/architectural home built “like a fortress” with use of the top of the line materials. The 10,114 square foot property sits on a very private half acre lot and has had only one owner. This five bedroom and 8 bathroom home, plus a one bedroom/bath apartment is located in the Malibu landside with 180 degree panoramic ocean and shoreline views. Convenient and easy access to Pacific Coast Highway.
There is not ONE property in Malibu that is for sale that has ALL of the following:
– Access: Unsurpassed access off PCH, no need to navigate up winding and unsafe roads subject to rain, fires, mud slides. The property has timely and multiple routes/access to all canyon roads to the valley and to Santa Monica via PCH.
– Privacy: Surrounded by five acres of vacant land, which will most probably never be developed, creates at total of approximately six acres of private property entered through a private drive with zero drive-by traffic. The property is nestled in the Malibu Hills providing full, unobstructed, and panoramic views of the ocean from every window in the house! (The adjacent five acre property must build a $2-3MM access road to get to a building site before start of the approximate four year process to obtain coastal commission & Malibu City permits).
– Livability: With sixteen usable living spaces and over 10,000 square feet, this home provides maximum livability. The home features five full sized bedrooms & baths each with walk-in closets, gourmet kitchen, two large living/media rooms, library, walk-in wine cellar, sauna & shower room, five large private deck areas off each bedroom & living room all with ocean views, saltwater pool. Plus a bonus one-bedroom apartment on first floor with its own bathroom and kitchen.
– Safety: Immediate access to PCH through double wide paved private street for fire/emergency access. Fire trucks frequently park on the driveway and in motor court in front of house for fire drills.
– Appeal: Magnificent four story contemporary architecturally significant home built like a fortress with the use of top-of-the-line materials. Diverse private vistas with the Malibu hills and natural vegetation on three sides of the property. Arguably the best views in Malibu of the ocean from all four levels of the home and decks.
– Irreplaceable Property: Four levels of living spaces, all with ocean views, a feature that can’t be replicated with today’s rigorous Malibu building code.
– New Construction/One Owner: Construction was completed in 2000 and not occupied until 2004. The home features state of the art appliances, maple hardwood floors, built in closets, salt water pool filtration and spa, central vacuum system, two fireplaces, elevator, fiber optic & media cabling wiring throughout, complete outdoor kitchen, and many more unique luxury amenities.
– Community: The “rural-like” Sea Vista Drive is a small community within the larger Malibu community. There is no drive thru traffic on Sea Vista Drive.